Full Time Receptionist
This role will help to support our equine vets and our current administration team. Based in the Scottish Borders, the job will be primarily office-based administration.
Working as part of a small but busy team, the successful applicant will be the first point of support for our clients and vets. You will have strong administrative skills, including excellent IT skills and will be able to communicate with a wide variety of people. Ideally you will have an equine, veterinary or medical background. A good understanding of the equestrian industry and local geography would be helpful.
Please send a CV with covering letter outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17th February.
The office is at Raecleughhead Farm, Duns, Berwickshire, TD11 3NS.
The workload is varied and will depend upon the successful candidate’s skill set and that of existing team members.
Practice based activities are likely to include:
- General reception-based duties
- New client registrations
- Booking calls and diary organisation
- Processing incoming e-mails
- Arranging postage of samples to external laboratories
As well as occasionally assisting other members of staff in the following, dependent on experience:
- Drug stock level control and ordering
- Maintaining controlled drugs records
- Debt collection
- Typing dictation of letters and calls
- Vaccination reminders
- Undertaking work in connection with insurance claims
- Worm egg counting and in other in-house laboratory techniques.
- Sterilising equipment e.g. autoclaving
- Updating Facebook and website
Hours – 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
Holiday – 29 days per year, together with 2 wellness days
Employee Discount – employees benefit from our generous discount scheme on products and services from the practice
Start date – as soon as possible
Duration – Permanent
Pay commensurate with experience.
We will be accepting CVs until Friday 17th February and will be asking a limited number of candidates for interviews.